Academic Year 2021 – 2022
The rates below are inclusive of VAT but exclude any form of government tax that may be introduced throughout the year.
Overseas students are advised to take note of the Orientation day, dates* set by the International Office (University of Malta). It is recommended to book any extra nights in advance.
Semester 1: 1st October to 13th February (135 days) *Orientation day: tbc by UOM
Semester 2: 13th February to 3rd July (140 days) *Orientation day: tbc by UOM
Academic Year: 1st October to 3rd July (275 days)
|Room Type||1st Sem||Special Early Payment Package||SAVE|
|Standard Student Rooms||Sharing||1650.52||1503.83||146.70|
|Post Grad Room||Sharing||1985.63||1761.62||224.01|
|Room Type||2nd Sem||Special Early Payment Package||SAVE|
|Standard Student Room||Sharing||1711.65||1559.52||152.13|
|Post Grad Room||Sharing||2059.18||1826.87||232.31|
|Room Type||Academic||Special Early Payment Package||SAVE|
|Standard Student Room||Sharing||3195.06||2756.02||439.04|
|Post Grad Room||Sharing||3843.70||3410.33||433.37|
|1st Sem||Special Early Payment Package||SAVE|
|2nd Sem||Special Early Payment Package||SAVE|
|Acd Year||Special Early Payment Package||SAVE|
All students will be required to submit a negative COVID-19 swab test (carried out within the last 72 hours of arrival), which is to be presented at reception on check-in.
Students who do not present this certificate will be asked to quarantine (for 2 weeks) in alternative accommodation of their choice, or in annex accommodation on the Residence’s premises at an extra charge of €40 per night, payable on check-in.
It is our main priority to keep the Residence as safe as possible, however we can only do this with your help and co-operation. Below are MUR’s regulations which are to be adhered to at all times:
- A mask is to be worn when in reception at all times, whether it be, passing through or sitting down.
- Sanitizer available at the reception is to be used every time you enter the reception area.
- Students who test positive will quarantined and moved to alternative solitary accommodation within the premises at an extra charge of 40 Euro per night to be payable on day one (1).
- Any students caught breaking quarantine will be immediately dismissed from the Residence. Accommodation fees as well as the deposit will be lost (not refunded).
- Visiting guests who are not booked at the Residence are not allowed in the premises.
- Masks are to be worn in all public spaces (as per Maltese law)
- Keep social distancing and avoid crowds
- Wash and sanitize your hands after touching objects or surfaces
All rates include:
- Housekeeping (cleaning of bedroom and common area, once a week).
- Linen & sheets (once a week)
- Maintenance, gas, water and electricity
- Use of large swimming pool, Bar lounge area with satellite T.V and free Wi-Fi provided by University of Malta, exclusively to University students.
- Daytime use of basket ball court, tennis court and 400m cross country jogging track
- Pots and Pans (not included in the rental of utensils)
Students booking for the 2nd Semester only, are advised that due to an overlap between the 1st and 2nd semester, they could be asked to share a room or may be provided alternative accommodation for the first few days until the departure of the 1st semester students.
Similarly 1st Semester students who wish to stay beyond the 13th February departure date might be asked to share.
Accommodation beyond the 3rd July will be charged at summer rates, and subject to availability.
Re booking, priority will be given to first (1st) year students or first (1st) time students studying at the University of Malta, who choose to stay at the University Residence.
Student Rates and Special Packages SPECIAL OFFER: The Residence is offering a Special Early Payment Package for students who pay for the semester or academic year PRIOR to arrival, via bank transfer. NO CONCESSIONS ON THIS PACKAGE WILL BE MADE FOR LATE PAYMENT. Students wishing to pay by installment will be charged the non discounted rate. Students paying by installments will be asked on arrival (check-in) to pay 2 months upfront.
All rooms are allocated by gender (no rooms will be mixed gender, unless requested). Common areas (kitchens and bathrooms) of apartments and townhouses might be shared by both genders.
Students who leave the Residence, whether it being of their own accord or due to dismissal, before the 13th of February in the case of the 1st semester and the 3rd July in the case of the 2nd semester, will not receive a refund (accommodation nor deposit).
Any students who leave the Residence prior to their original departure date, will only be allowed limited access into the Residence.
In order to secure your booking, it must be backed by a ‘safety deposit’ of €350 or US Dollar equivalent. This must reach the Residence before the arrival of the student, as otherwise there is no guarantee of a place and even then the booking can only be considered confirmed, after having received a confirmation email from The Residence staff.
Please note that bank charges apply when paying by card, therefore on return of the refundable deposit, bank charges will be deducted.
On the 20th of June 2016 the Government introduced ‘eco tax’. Guests will be asked to pay 0.50c per day, capped at €5 on check-in.
Bookings cancelled beyond the below dates will not have their Eur 350 deposit refunded.
First semester and academic year booking by no later than 31st July 2021
Second Semester bookings by no later than the 30th of November 2021
The above rates are subject to change prior to receiving confirmation of booking against full payment.
On a final note, The Malta University Residence will be closing as from the 31st of December 2021, after 27 years of hosting students from all around the world.
Hotel Kappara will be available to book for the 2nd semester as well as Campus Hub.
Campus Hub will be opening on Campus together with a host of shops and food outlets. For more information on Hotel Kappara or Campus Hub, send an email on email@example.com